It's my first day back at work and that usually means it's time to post about my #3LippieAMonthChallenge lippies. So for March, I opened a new lipstick. New in a sense that I haven't used it before but I bought it a long time ago.

Anyway, the first lippie for this month's challenge is the shade Juliet from Blythe Cosmetics. Blythe is a subsidiary of Careline. It's the makeup line of teen actress Andrea Brillantes. Juliet is one of the four satin lipsticks in the collection. The lipsticks boast of plumping and hydrating your lips while giving you the best coverage.

But I beg to differ. The lipstick is super streaky and takes a while before you can get a decent coverage. It also smudges a lot and gets on your teeth. After I applied the lipstick, I was surprised to see the state of the bullet. I thought it melted! 😅 Anyway, the bullet seems to melt when in contact with the lips but freezes right up after.

Out of the four satin lipsticks in the collection, Juliet was the shade I know I will not like. I've seen swatches of the lipstick online and it looked so pale. It's a shade that will not look good on everyone. So when I put it on, I was a little surprise at how the shade worked. Juliet is a cool toned peachy nude with a white undertone. It seems washed out that you can end up looking all pale and sickly looking. But when I looked at the mirror after putting it on, I was surprised at how well the shade went with my skintone. They did not clash at all and I did not look sick. I guess you really can't judge a book by its cover. 😅

So the color was a nice surprise, but the formula is pretty bad. I'm still gonna wear this for the rest of month and see if it will improve with time. I'm also keeping my fingers crossed that the rest of the sayin lipsticks will have a better formulation. 😁🤞


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more