It's March, breakup is upon us, and a week ago I made some dirt soup. No, not mud, dirt soup. There's a difference!

You see, I accidentally over watered our potting soil in the process of resuscitating it for planting. It turned into soup.

But it is no longer soup! So I planted my seeds today.

They're taking a bath, do not bother them.

Half of these are alliums, it's delightful (leek and green onion). The other half consists of chamomile, lavender, basil and parsley! I'm very excited to grow tea herbs this year! Then I can make all the cute drinks you see on tiktok. And once my leeks grow I can make leek and mushroom galettes!

But also, I found a surprise: an invader

Look at him, isn't he handsome. I found him in the potting soil, which does not surprise me, seeing as our potting soil is salvaged from last years planters, whatever dirt I can find, and then actual potting soil. I'm very happy to have this small intruder, and I can only hope he grows big and strong.

That's all I got, have a nice day!


This free site is ad-supported. Learn more