Cycle 13 - Item 56

2 (Wed) March 2022

Spaghetti al Pomodoro

3.0

by me

at home

-Changgok, Sujeong, Seongnam, Gyeonggi, Republic of Korea-

with DJ, IZ (individually)

For the first time ever - at least in memory, certainly in GMTD history - I made spaghetti with plain tomato sauce.

It came about upon a sudden, unexpected request by DJ - who doesn't deign to engage much with me about anything these days - so I felt compelled to comply.

As would be expected, without meat or seafood or cream or other ingredients to boost flavor, the sauce was quite tricky to get just right, requiring fine tuning of the seasonings to the very end.

W and I have Covid-19, according to the results of home rapid antigen self-test kits.  We'll go to a local testing center tomorrow for proper PCR tests to confirm.

(See also GLOBAL FOOD GLOSSARY)